Too often we skip a new experience because we are uncomfortable with the workings or expectations of this new-to-us thing. It’s human nature to be anxious about unknown situations. However, when you do venture out and try something new and it’s enjoyable, the feeling of accomplishment and reward far out-weigh that little nervous fear you had, right? If you haven’t tried hookah because you aren’t sure you know how to do it “correctly,” this information will help you feel right at home when you come to Paymon’s to try our renowned HOOKAH LOUNGE.
“Hookah”, “water pipe,” “goza,” “hubble-bubble,” “borry,” “arghile,” “narghile” – whatever you choose to call it, the custom of smoking shisha, (coal roasting a very moist and sticky tobacco that has been soaked in honey, molasses or other flavors) has been enjoyed for centuries. Here are a few things that’s good to know the first time you go:
- It’s a social activity. While perfectly acceptable to smoke alone, hookah is meant to be enjoyed with good conversation and interaction with others. It is often enjoyed amongst friends while drinking tea or alcoholic beverages.
- Once lit, just put the pipe to your mouth and suck in the smoke. It’s really that simple.
- Hookah is a simple pleasure best appreciated for its subtlety. This is a type of tobacco that was made to be smoked and rolled around in a person’s mouth before being pleasantly exhaled. Like a cigar or a fine wine, hookah is meant to be tasted, contemplated, and let go. You can breathe it into your lungs or not if you want avoid it. Take your time and try to enjoy yourself.
- Shisha comes in many flavors. At Paymon’s, America’s First Shisha Parlor, we have a variety of fun, delicious flavors. See our full hookah menu here: https://bit.ly/2QYXDB7
- Smoking hookah will not get you high. It’s nothing like marijuana. Hookah smokers may feel light-headed and slightly buzzed, or they may just feel relaxed. Shisha is tobacco with minimal nicotine. The way hookah makes someone feel varies on the person and how much they’re smoking during one session.
- Don’t worry about coughing. Even people who smoke all the time can cough, but do yourself a favor, and take it easy until you are used to it.
- Sharing doesn’t include sharing germs. At Paymon’s, each guest gets their own mouthpiece.
Fortunately for all of you, at Paymon’s, our expert, experienced Hookah Masters are here to guide you along every step of the way. Please don’t be afraid to ask any question that comes to mind! We are passionate about introducing this ancient custom to our guests, and we want you to get maximum enjoyment from the hookah experience. Join us at our West Sahara location (8380 W. Sahara Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89117) or our Eastern Ave. Location (8955 S. Eastern Ave. Paradise, NV 89123) to experience the finest in hookah at America’s First Shisha Parlor.